Wednesday 15 June 2011

A mini holiday

No photo's today..just some words..

Working as an unusual human in a building full of usual humans has taken it's toll on me today.
On a daily basis i get ripped about the way i present myself and when you're standing a room fulled with people you work with it's no fun, i often disregard the comments and move on. Today i turned as red as my skinnies and felt quite out of place, well..more out of place than usual, when comments were directed at me and 'my generation'..because of my age , 21, they find it very easy to take the joy out of my day by making senseless remarks about the low cut tees, pocket tees, cut skinnies with fold ups or contrast rimming, shorter than short shorts, the espadrilles and the leather plimsoles I often wear. Ha ha I can't imagine what they're gonna think when i get my hands on the suede almost bowling styled shoes I'm waiting for this country to produce, for men. I think we need more fashionable people coming forward in this place. I think the leading countries in fashion, for me, at the moment are Germany and definitely Australia.

I'm tired of walking into every shop and finding the same fabric, colours and styling being used for everydamthing. No wonder half the people in this place don't know who they are, they're all sheep lead by a country that has no definition in fashion. These companies would rather produce something that "sells" - "sells" being the same styles run for the last 10 years - than step out the box, take a risk and see what people really like. The rich are greedy.

It's funny though, the building I work in produces most of the leading fashion in my country and every brand has the same basic identity, except the brand i'm working at which is finally letting me have some influence on it. I see the world evolving and moving forward in the fashion industry, yet this place is still stuck in the 90's, it's as if we're on another planet. I do love it here and I never want to leave which is why I'm making an effort, or at least trying :), but days like today make me wonder if things will ever change.

I'm on leave for the next 4 days, I think I need it though ha ha.
I will return with more , uplifting, news and images to inspire or whatever..even just to look at.

Till then, enjoy your weekend!
TST person.

No comments:

Post a Comment